JMP, a division of SAS, is seeking an Account Executive to serve the Northern California region. As a JMP Account Executive you will be responsible for the sales of JMP software to new and existing customers through a direct sales model utilizing a consultative selling approach to prospective and current accounts.
When selling JMP, you have the unique opportunity to sell to the end users – so it is essential to have the knowledge and skills to work closely with the technical minds within an organization. But, then you must be able to pivot to working with the business leaders to bring the deals together. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this role will have experience with a large pipleline, with the energy and ability to keep many deals in the air at one time – no matter how big or small.
At this time we are seeking mid to senior level candidates. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Implementing all aspects of territory and account management
- Developing territory plans and account sales strategies
- Prospecting; using Miller-Heiman funnel management and forecasting to identify accounts with high 'close' potential, to qualify and to forecast timeframes to close business
- Following up to ensure customer satisfaction; conducting significant direct contact with accounts and travels to account sites
- Coordinating with the Systems Engineer on demos and technical support for accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of successful experience in sales of computer software, including experience demonstrating technical solutions, preparing and delivering sales proposals and implementation plans
- Experience developing and growing a new sales territory
- Proven track record of success in a hunter territory
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least two JMP market segments
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team comprised of a Systems Engineer and Inside Sales Representative
- Ability to initiate and lead sales opportunities; to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and to develop a sales plan; to communicate technical and business concepts and the ability to travel on a frequent basis
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge of JMP products and services
- Team leader experience
- Knowledge of statistics and mathematics
- Work location of Silicon Valley or San Francisco, CA
JMP is a business unit of SAS that produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. JMP has been a part of SAS since the first version of JMP statistical discovery software was launched in 1989, bringing interactive data visualization and analysis to the desktop. SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 60,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.