About the Company:
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
About the Role:
As a Solutions Architect for the Global Technology Practice, you will provide both business and technical acumen for cross-industry software pre-sales and enablement activities. This role is focused primarily on analytical sales support and enablement. Your activities will include, but are not limited to, analytics workshops, message development, software demonstrations, and presentation delivery. You will work closely with product management, global enablement and delivery teams, pre-sales systems engineers, partners and R&D to define technology direction based on market and customer demands to continue the growth of our business. You should have the capability to represent the entire SAS technology suite of products/solutions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand detailed customer requirements and how SAS can competitively achieve them
- Become proficient with the use of SAS Analytics software portfolio
- Build a trusted relationship with team members at all levels within the Practice as part of providing practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of the proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with scoping and defining work effort for client POCs.
- Assist in defining best practices for delivery and implementation of SAS solutions for IT.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Foster relationships with client personnel at project and stakeholder levels
- Identify enterprise-wide view of gaps and identify opportunities to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
- Communicate SAS’ functional and technical differentiators
- Present to executive level audiences the SAS technology
- Master's degree in a Quantitative Field (Physics, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, etc) with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics.
- At least two years’ experience applying relevant machine learning and data modelling techniques used in supervised problems such as decision trees, Random Forests, Gradient boosted machines, linear/logistic regression, deep learning or unsupervised problems such as clustering and dimensionality reduction in at least one statistical tool/language (SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- Ability to interpret business requirements, translate into data science problems and deliver high value outputs.
- Ability to communicate with people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Ability to Travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Programming script skills – e.g. shell, Python, Lua, Perl
- Experience with Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics for Event Stream Processing, or Decision Management software
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, public speaking, and interaction skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical consulting experience
- Experience working across multiple geographies
- Experience working across industries including but not limited to retail, financial services, communications, high tech, manufacturing and healthcare
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn