SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
As a member of the SAS OnDemand Managed Services Application Administration department, you will have direct management and support responsibilities for cloud operations in the IaaS and PaaS layers. This is a customer facing, operational role, supporting applications running across multiple datacenters and leading a devops team working closely with the product development R&D teams.
- Organize and prioritize group responsibilities/objectives while meeting department, division, and corporate goals, ensure that projects are completed and implemented in a timely manner while following established procedures and schedules.
- Participate in the day to day management and scheduling of projects, requests, and escalations. Actively participate in the major incident resolution process and developing continual service improvements.
- Establish and maintain a tight feedback loop between the operations and development teams, focused on CSI
- Provide technical leadership as appropriate for projects and initiatives; train, guide and manage activities of technical staff.
- Lead efforts to automate, standardize, and secure the environment.
- Collaborate with divisional and cross-divisional managers to ensure business needs are met while delivering quality, scalable, and reliable services.
- Be actively involved in daily operations and duties as needed to meet schedules or to resolve problems or issues.
- Keep current on relevant technology and industry trends/standards.
- Regularly interact with customers to gather input and/or resolve issues.
- Set performance standards and provide ongoing performance feedback to employees. Interview and hire new employees as required. Encourage and foster individual professional growth, as well as teamwork among employees.
- Direct, hands on technical work will be expected in this role.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, preferably computer information systems or computer science5 or more years of production IT support experience
- 2 years of management or team lead experience
- Experience managing complex enterprise infrastructure
- Experience supporting/interacting with customers at technical, management and executive levels
- Willingness to participate in a 24/7/365 oncall rotation.
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Excellent leadership, decision-making and team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate goals to employees.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to explain technology to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Experience with multiplatform environments including UNIX and Windows.
- Fluent in devops concepts and best practices
- Linux system administration experience in a production environment
- Experience with installing and supporting SAS Solutions
- Experience with application servers, such as Tomcat, WebLogic, or JBoss
- Experience with databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, or MS SQL.
- Experience supporting Open Source products in a production environment
- Experience with Ansible and Python
- Background in service delivery management or ITIL
- Full understanding of the SDLC
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn