JMP, a division of SAS, is looking for an experienced test engineer to design and develop a test automation framework that will exercise the functionality in a new JMP web application. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create the automation framework and build it from scratch. The ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge of software development processes and tools with hands-on experience in developing automation frameworks. The person in this role will work closely with development, should expect to fully understand the architecture that the web application is built upon, and will be a significant contributor to identification and resolution of bugs in the software.
JMP is a desktop application that is used primarily by scientists and engineers for purposes of statistical and graphical exploration and discovery in their data. In its next major release, JMP will expand into the area of client-server by offering a web application that customers can publish reports to. This is a brand-new area for JMP, and we need engaged and enthusiastic staff to help make this new product a success.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Design and build an automated test framework for a client/server application as well as standalone HTML5 pages.
- Identify test scenarios and implement automation around all scenarios.
- Analyze test results to insure regression tests are successful, identify defects in the software, report issues, and verify defects have been fixed.
- Interact directly with developers, work effectively in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Interact directly with customers at JMP conferences.
- Serve as a liaison to testing teams in China or other countries, communicate status and directives.
- Evaluate testing frameworks like Mocha and Jasmine and justify a choice to development staff.
- Create reporting mechanisms to effectively communicate status and risks.
- Affect the quality of software products by influencing the design and testability during development.
- Keep current of the state-of-the-art technology, via on-the-job learning and access to SAS resources and training opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience writing software applications, testing software, and/or general programming.
- Hands-on experience in design and implementation of automation infrastructure and tools.
- Experience with Node.js and npm scripts.
- Experience with Mocha, Jasmine, Jest or similar testing frameworks.
- Experience with using REST APIs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems, platforms, technologies.
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently and own projects from conception to release.
- Perform complex tasks executing and modifying processes, plans and design when needed.
- Solid understanding of software testing tools, methodologies and principles.
- Strong passion towards building efficient processes and automation frameworks to increase software development productivity.
- Experience using Jenkins.
- Experience in using Sauce Labs to scale up test execution.
- Experience with Appium, Calabash or other mobile application testing tools.
- Experience with testing and performance testing for cloud-based applications.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn