SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Power to Know:
This individual performs the following:
- Sources, negotiates and contracts for IT goods and services for the Telecom Commodity on behalf of SAS Manages the sourcing and supplier selection process for acquisitions for the organization
- Builds and maintains effective supplier relationships.
- Identifies, collects, and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to support procurement decisions
- Studies, benchmarks and advises technical users of market conditions
- Provides budgetary projections for areas of responsibility; monitors cost trends
- Researches technical alternatives and apprise stakeholders of associated benefits; conducts market research to supplement business analysis; develops broad technical expertise in multiple product lines and disciplines
- Monitors and reports performance of contractual agreements and / or projects
- Builds value into business processes through the principles of supply management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in supply management, business administration, economics, marketing, or accounting
- Five years of procurement experience to include contract negotiation, financial analysis and Telecommunications-related experience
Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the above requirements.
- Experience in procurement of IT goods and services, specifically Voice, Data Circuit – WAN, Equipment, Maintenance, Mobility and Web Streaming services
- Good strategic procurement skills with a Telecom background
- Knowledge of contract language and Uniform Commercial Code
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word
- Excellent oral and written presentation/communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to independently assess situations and respond accordingly
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or other professional certifications
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn