SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As a Manager you will be a member of the Global Academic Program (GAP) organization and manage individuals who are responsible for developing contacts and interactions at academic institutions with the goal of establishing and growing the use of SAS in curriculum to lead to the development of a pipeline of graduates with SAS skills in order to assist with bridging the skills GAP of today and the future. You will provide leadership in establishing and maintaining relationships with other Groups within SAS in support of their needs within the academic communities.
- Develops relationships and alliances with organizations in the Higher Education/Academic industry to maximize the use of SAS in academia.
- Provide recommendations to management on strategies to increase growth.
- Plan and implement growth strategies to increase the usage of SAS with existing organizations in the Higher Education/Academic industry.
- Act as liaison to address customer inquiries with appropriate internal resources to ensure customer satisfaction with SAS offerings.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships.
- When applicable, introduces new versions of SAS software, services and education opportunities to existing customers.
- When applicable, deliver presentations on SAS software’s capabilities in support of academia.
- Works with Educational Institutions to establish courses in key business area.
- Delivers customer feedback regarding SAS solutions and services to appropriate departments and divisions.
- Ensures alignment to the SAS Global Academic Program goals, strategies, initiatives and metrics.
- Communicate strategies to Senior Management for all academic initiatives.
- Develops an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures.
- Complete up to date tracking of all activities performed in support of academia.
- Serves as a resource to staff and management to recommend projects and activities in support of the advancement of SAS in academia.
- Bridges the gap between educational institutions and business through various programs and initiatives when applicable.
- Lead and mentor a staff and handle escalations as needed in area of assignment
- Act as liaison to share information on roadblocks for territory to upper-level leadership
- Works with upper-level management to align initiatives with program goals
- Work with upper level management to develop action plans for territories
- Assess account needs and recommend appropriate solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Five years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services).
- Experience in a lead, supervisor or management role responsible for staff performance
- Experience measuring staff performance and recommending development plans
- Strong aptitude for mentoring others
- Strong skills in developing and delivering presentations
- Strong time management, prioritizing and organization skills
- Good knowledge of SAS products
- Strong knowledge of academic selling and marketing techniques
- Strong ability to cultivate and grow customer relationships
- Strong public speaking experience
- Knowledge of BI/analytics
- Good knowledge of higher education market
- Good understanding of regional/global business perspective
- Ability to travel as required
- Experience using or working with SAS technologies (in target industry highly preferred)
- Experience with Analytics, Big Data or related consulting work
- Experience consulting, selling or support of higher education customers or solutions
- Project or Program Management skills
Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or quantitative field
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn