SAS is seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to be our Strategic Account Domain Expert for our Beacon Walmart Account.
This person will provide domain expertise to the account by leveraging knowledge of SAS Solutions. The Strategic Account Domain Expert will utilize their analytical skills to deliver customer business value through the creative use of SAS products, technologies, platforms and services in collaboration with a team of other SAS professionals.
1. Provide Customer Thought Leadership
- Leveraging SAS and open source skills, aid and assist customers with business cases that address customer Strategic Business Objectives.
- Act as SAS advisor to educate customers on use of SAS products including SAS 9.4 Platform and Viya.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer sessions with customers to demonstrate SAS capabilities and technologies.
2. Revenue Generation
- Develop new business for SAS by working with our customers to understand their corporate objectives and current use of analytics and identify areas where SAS products can be leveraged to accelerate corporate objectives. Additionally, grow revenue by analyzing both industry and market trends. Research and understand competitive positioning to run relevant sales campaigns and identify new opportunities for SAS.
- Execute through the Strategic Account Plan using the Revegy methodology. Deliver expected revenue objectives with the team. Learn and utilize the SAS strategic methodology.
- Engage appropriate external partners to create new revenue opportunity and elevate SAS's strategic position in the account.
- Utilize SAS Revegy/BASE methodology and the multi-year strategic account plan documenting the customer's strategic business goals and objectives. Team with SAS colleagues and guide activities for an effective and successful engagement with the client.
- Shape and deliver win-win scenarios for the client that deliver value and effective success measures.
- Manage relationships at multiple levels within the account. Work alongside management on the scheduled cadence of collaborative meetings with key account stakeholders to create, evaluate and direct a collaborative roadmap.
- Gain alignment with the customer on a multi-year collaborative strategic account business plan, maintaining an ongoing quarterly review cadence.
4. Sales Operations
- Prepare comprehensive quotations and proposal information as needed.
- Work closely with SAS management team on strategic account development goals, customer relationships, industry programs, product direction, etc.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services). Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Analytics, Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs;
- Ability to travel 60%
- Preferred location: San Francisco CA, San Jose CA, Bentonville Arkansas, Cary NC
Ideal candidate will maintain the following core competencies leveraging SAS and other analytic technologies:
- Retail and Supply Chain Analytics
- Fraud and Risk Analytics
- Inventory Optimization
- Data Management
- Forecasting and Demand Planning
- Supply Chain Network Optimization
- Omnichannel and eCommerce Engagement and Fulfillment
- Machine Learning
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response and prioritization to qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses challenger and solution-selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and accurately forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops joint action plans to close business for accounts.
- Develops plans to identify sub-accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with account managers and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn