We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
As a Systems Programmer / SAS Platform Administrator for SAS Solutions OnDemand (SSOD) Managed Services Enterprise Hosting team, you will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted application environment. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers and other implementation team members to implement enterprise software installations and to manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS and third-party enterprise class software systems. You will support the SSO team with training, expertise, mentoring and best practices with respect to application technology and architecture, work with the IT teams to ensure that hardware choices are appropriate for the solution; write design documents with supporting justification for architectural choices; arbitrate and enforce design decisions that have a broad impact. You will be responsible for the systems design, implementation, and maintenance of SAS 9 solutions across an enterprise-wide cross-platform infrastructure that is consistent with our business objectives and customer requirements.
Additional duties may include:
• Installation, administration and maintenance of SAS Enterprise software and solutions
• Providing pre- and post-implementation documentation
• Engineering solutions to ensure scalability and reliability
• Integration of SAS software with systems and other third-party software
• Engineering application implementations based on requirements and sizing assessments
• Configuring, managing, monitoring and debugging mid-tier software such as tcServer, JBoss, etc.
• Developing tools and software to manage SAS and third-party software
• Diagnosing, documenting, reporting, and resolving system problems
• Working directly with external customers
• Interfacing with other support teams and vendors
• Performing other duties as assigned
Essential Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• 3 years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support or training of enterprise class software and/or hardware
• 3 years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting enterprise class applications
• US Citizen
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Additional Knowledge Needed:
• Understanding of security, performance, server design, cross-platform architectures, SAS products, storage, networking, and enterprise hardware
• Expertise Linux system administration including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, a *nix shell, Powershell, etc).
• Ability to write Python and automate system administration and installation tasks
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can use nslookup or dig to check information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts, etc.
• Knowledge of change management procedures and version control
• Ability to comprehend the details of complex, multi-tier, system and application software
• Strong analytic, inductive, and deductive reasoning skills
• Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.