SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As a program manager you will be a member of the Global Academic Program (GAP) organization and you will have responsible for establishing and growing SAS usage within academic institutions by cultivating relationships with key individuals. The focus is on the adoption of SAS within the curriculum in support of the efforts to develop the SAS and analytical skilled users of the future. You will maintain knowledge of available SAS products and assets that the Global Academic Program provides in support of these efforts.
(This is an individual contributor role and is not responsible for people management)
- Develops relationships and alliances with organizations in the Higher Education/Academic industry to maximize the use of SAS in academia.
- Provide recommendations to management on strategies to increase growth.
- Plan and implement growth strategies to increase the usage of SAS with existing organizations in the Higher Education/Academic industry.
- Act as liaison to address customer inquiries with appropriate internal resources to ensure customer satisfaction with SAS offerings.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships.
- When applicable, introduces new versions of SAS software, services and education opportunities to existing customers.
- When applicable, deliver presentations on SAS software’s capabilities in support of academia.
- Works with Educational Institutions to establish courses in key business area.
- Delivers customer feedback regarding SAS solutions and services to appropriate departments and divisions.
- Develops an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures.
- Complete up to date tracking of all activities performed in support of academia.
- Serves as a resource to staff and management to recommend projects and activities in support of the advancement of SAS in academia.
- Bridges the gap between educational institutions and business through various programs and initiatives when applicable.
- Travel 25-50% depending on business needs and semester schedules.
*Main Profile Match (Your career experience, skills and interests align to)
Sales/Sales Development/Industry Consultant/Sales - Account Managers or Execs./Higher Education Solutions
- Act as a mentor for Sr. Associate Academic Program Managers
- Act as liaison to share information on roadblocks for territory to upper-level management
- Assess account needs and recommend appropriate solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services).
- Industry specific relationships, network and credibility (in the higher education field preferred).
- Specialized knowledge of solutions related to higher education.
- Strong skills in developing and delivering presentations
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization and organization skills
- Strong ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of academic selling and marketing techniques
- Strong ability to cultivate and grow customer relationships
- Strong public speaking experience
- Knowledge of marketing process and the ability to work with marketing department
- Knowledge of BI/analytics
- Good knowledge of higher education market
- Good understanding of regional/global business perspective
- Ability to travel as required
- Experience using or working with SAS technologies (in target industry highly preferred)
- Experience with Analytics, Big Data or related consulting work
- Experience consulting, selling or support of higher education customers or solutions
- Project or Program Management skills
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or quantitative field
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn