As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for administrating and monitoring, system tuning and optimization, security and presentation, capacity planning, license and maintenance management and develop automation processes. Provide advanced system support for troubleshooting and maintenance of servers. You will work collaboratively with IT, R&D and other implementation team members to engineer enterprise software installations and to automate, manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS, Curriculum Pathways, and other enterprise class software systems. You will be responsible for design documents with supporting justification for architectural choices; arbitrating and enforcing design decisions that have a broad impact; and performing other duties as assigned. These responsibilities will be performed across an enterprise-wide infrastructure as well as our cloud infrastructure that is consistent with our business objectives and development requirements.
- Work with developers to engineer solutions to ensure scalability and reliability
- Implement and maintain solutions deployed in Amazon Web Services
- Integration of SAS software with systems and other third-party software
- Engineering application implementations based on requirements and sizing assessments
- Develop tools and software to manage our operational environments
- Diagnose software problems and engineer solutions
- Document, report, track and implement fixes for software problems with appropriate vendors
- Oncall rotation for 24/7 support
- Long, varied hours may be required
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer Science or related field
- 2 years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support or training of enterprise class software and/or hardware
- Experience with one or more client/server operating systems with strong unix skills
- Experience with Cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, and/or Google Compute Engine
- Associates degree in the same fields plus an additional 2 years of the stated essential requirements ~OR~
- High School Diploma (GED) plus an additional 4 years of the stated essential requirements
- Positive attitude with a commitment to a high quality of work
- Understanding of security, performance, and server design
- Strong systems administration and Unix skills
- Must be able to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Understanding of application security
- Understanding of application performance and tuning
- Knowledge of change management procedures and version control
- Ability to comprehend the details of complex, multi-tier, system and application software
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Fundamental working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience installing, administering and maintaining Enterprise software and solutions such as SAS.
- Configuring, managing, monitoring and debugging mid-tier software such as tcServer, nginx, Apache etc.
- Integration with Cloud Technologies such as Amazon and Open Stack
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in computer capacity planning and performance analysis.
- Experience with automated provisioning tools; such as Ansible, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience with Unix scripting; Perl, Python or Shell, or higher level languages; such as Java and Go.
- Strong analytic, inductive, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to learn new technical skills and comprehend the details of complex system software.
- Amazon certification; Amazon Certified Solutions Architect or Amazon Certified Sysops Administrator
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn