SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Do you like solving challenging problems involving leading edge technology? Do you have a passion for providing high quality customer service? Do you enjoy collaborating with IT professionals on innovative processes and solutions? If the answer is yes, then the SAS Employee Service Desk is the place for you.
As an IT Service Desk Support Analyst, you will be responsible for providing IT support to SAS global employees on a variety of operating systems, business applications, and software. Your knowledge and skills will help support a rapidly changing and innovative technical infrastructure.
- Performing multi-tiered incident resolution and end-user support via phone, email, and chat
- Providing dedicated phone, chat, or email support for at least 1 hour per day
- Actively managing and troubleshooting customer issues reported via Service Now and MIDAS, our Service Desk ticketing systems
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and documenting user system issues in the following areas:
- UNIX, LINUX, and R&D
- Unified Communications (SKYPE FOR BUSINESS and VOIP)
- Conferencing (WEBEX and Audio Conferencing)
- Mainframe (MVS)
- Managing domain accounts via Active Directory
- Utilizing remote monitoring and management software to efficiently resolve client problems
- Collaborating with other IT personnel and resources to efficiently resolve technical problems
- Prioritizing work to resolve complex technical issues
- Participating in ongoing personal training to stay current with leading edge technology
- Providing updates and status reports to management
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
5 years of experience providing information systems support within a large scale Windows client network environment
Proficiency in Microsoft Windows 7 (and 8.1) in an interactive network environment with multiple client/server operating systems
Ability to respond to and assess high severity problems in accordance with the SAS Employee Service Desk Standards
Must have experience working with a UNIX or LINUX system environment
Must have experience working with Outlook/Exchange
- Superior analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proven track record of efficient and effective problem solving
- Ability to provide proactive support to help reduce the potential of recurring problems
- Must be able to clearly explain concepts and problems to customers of various technical backgrounds
- 4 years experience with Windows 7 operating system
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016 products
- Mac OS
- WEBEX and Audio Conference
- SKYPE FOR BUSINESS and VOIP
- Mainframe/MVS operating system
- SAS Race environment and virtual machines
- Active Directory account management
- Knowledgeable of ITIL Foundation best practices
- Experience with using and creating automation tools for work efficiency
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn