SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day support and manage
ement of many of JMP’s largest customers. The role is to support existing users and administrators while also expanding JMP’s footprint within each account through a direct sales model utilizing a consultative selling approach.
JMP is seeking senior level candidates. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
- Work collaboratively as a team to develop strategic account plan objectives for each of the premier accounts to ensure account satisfaction and growth
- Strong knowledge of existing license agreements within territory to advise users and potential users appropriately
- Solid understanding of acquisition cycles within territory including contracts, proposals and support
- Prospect, cold-call, up-sell and cross-sell to guarantee JMP licenses are renewed at the current or expanded usage levels
- Organize consistent contact with each account by conducting quarterly business and technical reviews, interfacing with IT staff who deploy JMP products, monitoring tech support call volume and set up training for new users
- Prepare custom presentations based on opportunity analysis
- Provide timely follow up and communications to customers, prospects and JMP team
- Work successfully as a team to ensure complex license agreements are managed effectively
- Collaborate with Customer Care to facilitate JMP Days, Discovery participation as well as increase participation in Community and News Wire subscriptions
- Foster an active and engaged user community within Premier Accounts
- Continually develop “Champions” within each account
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education, training and relative experience may be considered
- Five years of successful computer software sales experience
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop sales plans and accurately forecast sales
- Strong aptitude for leveraging existing relationships to sustain and grow JMP footprint
- Fulfill a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers, qualify level of opportunity and appropriate resources required
- Capable of communicating technical and business concepts in an easy to understand format
- Ability to set meetings with clearly defined objectives and strong follow-up
- Occasional travel
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Passion for spreading the use and impact of JMP
- Superior communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of JMP products and offerings
- Experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn