We are looking for a Junior Software Release Engineering Analyst to join the Release Engineering Data Services (REDS) team. This team specializes in analysis, automation, and process management for the release engineering pipeline supported by the Planning, Operations, and Strategy (POS) division. They work cross-functionally to take the ideas from the development teams and get them into our customers hands. Duties include analysis of product deliverables for products in the pipeline, representing those conceptual entities using the software data model, ensuring data integrity, troubleshooting the release engineering pipeline, developing and analyzing requirements for system enhancements, providing technical expertise for products which challenge the existing models, and developing new models to represent evolving business processes. This will take an understanding of the pipeline and the processes that feed it, an understanding of the deployment model for our different products and solutions, and an understanding of our ordering and shipment model.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of departmental systems and general knowledge of related organizational systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, developing and implementing theoretical release engineering pipeline models that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Provide consultation and support to R&D staff on the release engineering pipeline data models.
- Identify and supply product data necessary to automate the release engineering pipeline and the Planning Application according to the SAS Product Development Process. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Order processing relationships
- Same/any machine dependencies
- Develop, generate and analyze reports to ensure data quality, identify data integrity issues, report on status, and scope recurrent system problems.
- Initiate and conduct audits of selected databases, including CPRS, SoftWareHouse, Planning application data, and Seshat product definition data to evaluate accuracy and data integrity.
- Communicate expectations, manage work queues, and develop metrics for accountability.
- Work with WWM Pricing and Packaging to understand a product or solution's shipment model.
- Work with product groups and POS to understand a product's path through the POS Pipeline (including understanding Deliverables Analysis, Planning impact, etc.)
- Drive process improvements for release engineering data models.
- Ensure follow through on data integrity process.
- Provide requirements and feedback for process and/or data model improvements.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation and checklists about REDS/REG processes for REDS to use and for product teams and R&D project managers to use as reference material.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related quantitative field
- Some software development/testing/analyst experience including some work experience
- Experience with software release processes and procedures
- Expertise in Windows and UNIX
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with proven success working in a collaborative and virtual team environment
- Ability to generate department-level reports and queries using SAS, demonstrating understanding of SAS data step and common SAS Procedures
- A drive towards details and quality
- An understanding of operating system concepts and differences
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of SAS products and architecture
- Agile methodology familiarity/experience
- Understanding of SAS release engineering concepts and procedures for SAS 9-based and Viya-based software
- SAS or Python programming skills
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn