Help SAS evolve its next-generation analytics platform! We are looking for a skilled Java backend developer to write microservices and framework components. As a Developer in the Middle Tier Platform Division, you will:
- Write Java code for new services and framework which are used in all of SAS’ analytic solutions. These services and framework components address common cross-cutting requirements including authorization, authentication, and high availability.
- Maintain our existing SAS Viya and SAS 9 Java codebases. You will fix bugs, debug issues found in the field, and communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Design and implement the SAS Viya architecture. Be part of the team that continues to enhance Viya, SAS’ modern microservice architecture that is built for the cloud. Implement circuit breaker patterns, more robust high availability modes, services for collaboration, and more.
- Assess and utilize third-party libraries. You will help evaluate new libraries and implement their adoption. If there are bugs or missing features in open source projects we use, you’ll implement changes and contribute them upstream.
- Create documentation and tests for new and existing code.
In the Middle Tier Platform, we work on a wide variety of problems requiring developers to be flexible and adaptable to new challenges. We’re looking for someone who picks up new skills quickly and enjoys the process of learning.
- Java development experience
- Full Stack development experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Spring (Spring Frameworks, Spring MVC, Spring Boot and/or Spring Data JPA)
- RESTful HTTP services
- SQL servers, preferably Postgres
- Experience with Cloud development
Experience with similar technologies and a demonstrable ability to learn will also be considered.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn