Join the world's leading analytics software company and make a difference in the way advanced analytics research is practiced!
SAS Analytics provides customers with the most comprehensive, advanced suite of predictive analytics capabilities on the market. Whether it’s a team of data scientists or automated applications providing real-time answers, organizations keep pace with analytical demands and quickly gain valuable insights from their data enabling them to make smart business decisions. Come make a difference by positively impacting numerous industries including banking, casinos, communications, defense & security, education, government, health care, hotels, insurance, life sciences, manufacturing, oil & gas, retail & consumer packaged goods, travel & transportation and utilities.
SAS’ Quality User-Driven Enterprise Software Testing (QUEST) for Advanced Analytics team is seeking qualified candidates to create and execute analytic-based tests for industry leading, state-of-the-art models and solutions in the areas of Data Mining, Text Mining, Statistics, Econometrics, Time-Series, Forecasting, and Operations Research.
- Review industry research or regulatory literature to analyze, design, develop, execute, and verify independent test programs, procedures and methodologies used to validate numerical accuracy of implementations;
- Write test programs to prepare and explore large, complex data to assess performance of analytical software and ensure the processes are of the highest quality;
- Create usage, validation and application-based test plans and other related test documentation as required;
- Assist in the development, integration, maintenance, and documentation of test automation tools and strategies that will add value to testing cycles;
- Interact directly with product marketing managers, industry experts and product developers to test analytical models and solution code during the development life cycle to ensure software quality and delivery of planned functionality;
- Assist in selecting methods, techniques, and procedures during the development of analytical software and communicating these decisions through thorough documentation, presentations, or verbal communication with a variety of other teams;
- Build experience in testing specialized area of analytics by participating in professional short courses or conferences;
- Review solution / product documentation;
- Evaluate fix requests, track specific defects, and verify fixes.
- Master’s degree in quantitative field (e.g., Data Mining, Statistics, Econometrics, Time-Series, Forecasting, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Advanced Analytics);
- Programming experience using SAS, Python, or Lua.
- Programming experience with matrix-oriented languages like SAS/IML, Matlab, R, or S-Plus;
- Practical experience implementing test automation tools and designing automated test suites;
- Expertise in a specialized analytical areas such as nonlinear mixed models, survival analysis, Bayesian computing, spatial data analysis, financial econometrics, temporal data mining and advanced time-series forecasting;
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn