As a member of the SAS Advanced Analytics and Optimization Service (AAOS), you will support customer analytic needs through data discovery, presales, analysis, solution development and implementation in the area of operations research and related technologies.
You will participate in presales, solution development, solution testing, and end-to-end customer projects involving advanced analytics, with a focus on Operations Research and the SAS/OR products. A key aspect of this role is to engage the customer from all levels, including executive and business sponsor, to drive processes, adoption, and ensure project success. You will be involved in a variety of analytical engagements across different industries, often with high visibility and direct interaction with customer steering committees and senior management. You will be part of a team of experts with different specialized skill sets. Your role will include translating and documenting business requirements into analytic models, analyzing client data, applying technical expertise to solve the analytical models, implementing and testing analytical solutions, and providing knowledge transfer to customer experts. All areas of operations research are addressed, including mathematical programming, discrete event simulation, and predictive modeling.
- Masters in operations research, statistics, or a related quantitative field
- At least 1 year of experience in practical implementations of advanced analytics projects in industry
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Strong coding skills, preferably in SAS
- Strong research level in expertise in a methodological area of operations research or predictive modeling
- Ability to perform in both team and individual environments
- Experience communicating directly with customers at different levels (e.g. executives, users, analysts)
- Doctorate in operations research, statistics, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in predictive analytics (forecasting, machine learning, AI) and its application in Operations Research projects
- SAS/OR experience
- SAS Certifications
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn