Power to Know:
Do you have a passion for events that create unique customer experience and drive value to the business? SAS is looking for an Event Marketing Director who will lead the overall creation and execution of events on budget, on time and on target. You will be rresponsible for developing and executing SAS and 3rd party events in support of our company goals.
• Directs the full portfolio of SAS and third-party events to promote the SAS Brand, create demand and retain customers
• Works closely with event team and key constituents to develop event plans, including event objectives, theme, content, logistics, staffing and marketing promotion.
• Drives alignment of messaging and overall strategy of events with corporate priorities and marketing programs.
• Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
• Creates business relationships with internal staff, clients/customers, subcontractors, and applicable SAS departments to drive SAS results.
• Develop and encourage event innovations that create a one-of-a-kind event experience and drive engagement.
• Identifies strategic opportunities and drives innovation through market research, customer feedback, analytics and best practices.
• Represents SAS with third party vendors and partners to support SAS objectives and goals.
• Communicate with SAS executives on SAS flagship events.
• Creates shared visions and detailed plans with key stakeholders on how to maximize an event.
• Measures and delivers measurable results in impacting broader company goals and organizational objectives.
• Leads the creation of event reporting and analysis for improved decision making and for sharing with key constituents across SAS.
• Performs all functions related to leading and managing a dynamic team, including: determining resource needs and making requests for personnel, equipment, and other resources; recruiting, interviewing, and selecting new employees; setting and communicating performance standards and providing performance feedback and coaching; encouraging and fostering skill development and professional growth
• Establishes and prioritizes department responsibilities/objective relative to the group, department, division, and corporate goals. Ensure that projects are completed on time following established procedures and schedules
• Prepares and adheres to budgets.
• A minimum of 8 years in marketing, with 5+ years’ experience in event management and coordination in the B2B software industry managing 6-7 figure budgets.
• Demonstrated event planning skills, specifically in strategic deal-making, with excellent communications and networking ability.
• Serves as member of senior marketing management group responsible for determining overall marketing strategy for SAS products and services.
• Delegates management responsibilities to Senior Marketing Managers and/or Marketing Managers to fulfill responsibilities and objectives for department or division
• A+ negotiation skills.
• Ability to address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to travel
• Ability to influence and manage across lines of business, cultures and geographies
• Ability to synthesize complex concepts and net out large amounts of detail into a few key highlights
About our Culture:
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.