JMP, a division of SAS, is seeking a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer to join our team in the Northwest San Francisco Bay Area. In this role, you will provide technical pre-sale and post-sale support to JMP clients utilizing extensive knowledge of industry and industry statistical processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts
- Preparing custom presentations based on opportunity analysis
- Providing timely follow up and communications to prospects and JMP team
- JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with Account Executive
- Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth
- Working effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets
- Customizing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars
- Providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Assisting with training of staff
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical marketing, technical support, or a related area
- 1 or more year(s) of experience using applied statistics in an industry
- 50% travel is required.
At this time we are seeking mid to senior level candidates. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.
- Teaching experience in a quantitative field applying analytics or statistics using JMP or SAS in two or more industry domains.
- Work locations: San Francisco Bay Area
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn