SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As an Analytical Consultant, you will be a member of the Global Academic Program (GAP) organization. You will work independently or jointly with other departments to provide analytical services. You will act as a mentor to more junior level members of the Department and provide leadership on analytical projects. You will develop applications and presentations for conference and university workshops. You will also maintain knowledge in statistical and analytical methods, data visualization, and related SAS procedures. You will provide consulting to universities, community colleges, and high schools in developing courses that use SAS software. You will also conduct workshops at trade and educational conferences as well as maintain and support GAP's booth presence at these events.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Working closely with the Director in allocating resources to projects and assisting in the estimation and development of the scopes for these projects.
- Serving as a departmental representative on sales and marketing calls and providing leadership and expertise in positioning SAS software and services in the academic communities.
- Working as a mentor with junior members of the staff in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Providing support and training services for projects that contain an analytical or data visualization component; conducting workshop sessions for training; coordinating efforts for on-site visits.
- Providing technical assistance for consulting projects; overseeing data acquisition, validation, and management from incoming data sources.
- Serving as technical lead on projects; overseeing the development of project time lines.
- Participating in in-house corporate training sessions containing analytical and/or data visualization material; conducting workshop sessions for SAS training courses.
- Working closely with the Director in building and expanding the certification programs throughout the academic and commercial communities.
- Becoming proficient in the use of base SAS software, SAS/STAT procedures, and analytical add-on SAS products, such as Enterprise Miner, Text Analytics, Visual Analytics/Statistics as well as SAS Studio and the SAS University Edition.
- Assisting in facilitating meetings with professors and other academic and staff individuals.
- Developing and reviewing documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Statistics or Analytics or closely related field.
- 5 years of experience analyzing data and teaching/instructor experience
- At least 3 years of strong experience using SAS programming, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio, SAS Enterprise Miner, and Visual Analytics.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion, typically between 30-40% of the time including some international travel.
- Ability to attend workshops on weekends and evenings
- Extensive knowledge in the application of analytics/statistics using the SAS system.
- Knowledge and experience in using SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner.
- Ability to work closely with the Director of GAP in positioning SAS at universities and community colleges.
- Ability to meet and work with high level management individuals at universities and community colleges.
- Knowledge of SAS certification programs and ability to assist in promoting these programs.
- Ability to communicate with people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate advanced concepts and applications to individuals with a wide range of experiences and abilities.
- Strong communication skills and public speaking experience.
- Ph.D in Statistics or closely related field.
- Formal academic teaching and research experience in analytics.
- Experience in public speaking, consulting, or classroom teaching using SAS software for advanced analytical methods.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn