Power to Know:
Do you love search advertising, digital marketing, and analytics? So do we! SAS, the leader in business analytics software and services, is looking for an experienced, collaborative, and analytical search engine marketing professional to drive engagement with our brand and help grow our paid search campaigns.
The Digital Marketing Specialist for Search is focused on recommending, managing and optimizing paid search campaigns for SAS’ in-house agency. This is a position rooted in analytics – using data to drive decisions in selecting appropriate paid search ad campaigns and platforms to be a key piece in an integrated advertising strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys managing the day-to-day paid search responsibilities and helping to grow SAS’ digital advertising channel.
• Enhances the SAS digital channels by understanding the business objectives and delivering digital guidance and expertise based on an understanding of user behavior, in alignment with corporate goals and initiatives.
• Perform daily, weekly, and monthly account management of paid search and retargeting across Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines with focus on the US.
• Provide recommendations and implement strategies on keywords, campaign structure, targeting, bids, networks, etc. to achieve KPIs.
• Conduct keyword research for both positive and negative keywords for paid search campaigns and build a media plan with estimated costs to achieve ROI.
• Work with both writers and A/B testing team to assist in the development, building and testing of landing pages.
• Collaborate with other paid advertising experts to align messaging and develop audience segments.
• Set up campaign tracking in lead tracking system to measure the success of each campaign.
• Develop ad copy for each campaign to align with the goals. Continually test and optimize ad copy to help improve KPIs.
• Develop, analyze, and communicate weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting dashboards on KPIs to internal clients.
• Proactively monitor and manage the paid search budget for each campaign, allocating the budget accordingly throughout the year.
• Provide annual budget forecasting and make budget recommendations.
• Proactively identify opportunities for increasing KPIs, present findings, implement and track progress accordingly.
• Stay up to date with industry best practices in digital advertising specifically around PPC, bidding strategies, targeting, landing page optimization etc. Communicate and prioritize new opportunities based on impact to business.
• Collaborates with other marketing staff, including global counterparts, product marketers, content developers, and production team, to integrate and complement marketing strategies and share best practices across digital channels.
• Communicate and train other members of the team and organization on PPC, strategy, and best practices.
• Develop audience targeting segments.
• Manage vendor relationships with technology partners including Google, Bing etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
• 5+ years of digital advertising experience with hands-on experience in Google Adwords in managing enterprise accounts and large budgets.
• Demonstrated experience in the Adwords interface. Experience in Bing advertising a plus.
• Experience setting up audience lists for retargeting to existing users based on various behaviors and actions.
• Experience in day-to-day management of multiple advertising accounts including creation of campaigns, reporting, and bidding strategies.
• Exceptional quantitative analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and present complex concepts in a clear manner using data and analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with various internal clients, present findings, make recommendations and provide consulting
• Experience with web analytics software to analyze web traffic, campaign performance and make appropriate changes to campaigns to achieve goals.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and change with the environment.
• Google Adwords Search certification
• Experience using Marin Software, Kenshoo or Adobe Media Optimizer
• Self-starter, multi-tasker, who is passionate about search marketing
• Detailed focused individual that is well organized
• Marketing technology enthusiast
• Problem solver
• Team player who can work across different departments / divisions
• Experience with a content management system, to build, edit and publish landing pages (i.e Adobe Experience Manager)
• Experience in managing other digital channels such as social and programmatic platforms.
About our Culture:
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.