About the role:
We’re looking for someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about the tremendous potential of Data, clearly articulate on why self-service, quality, speed and trust should be the new data management guiding principles for organizations and how the always-on data requirements (e.g. IoT/streaming, cloud, social, etc.) will impact users, applications and processes. We’re looking for a thought leader who can influence the market, communicate the art of the possible, come up with innovative ideas and make them concrete. You will work closely with stakeholders in Product Management, R&D, Go-to-Market and Field Enablement, and own the message, from creation to communication to activation.
Innovation, imagination and a clear talent for thinking outside of the box will be highly valued.
You will act as a primary/front-line “go to” spokesperson with audiences – both internal and external to SAS. You will create and deliver credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market, actively working with sales, field marketing, and product management to enable channel and product readiness. Some of your key responsibilities will cover:
• Developing and maintaining relationships with influential thought leaders, consultants and partners to support awareness activities and serving as spokesperson and providing content for interactions with media and analyst communities;
• Driving thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, videos, customer reference and story development, speaking engagements and involvement with key 3rd party organizations;
• Identifying existing and emerging technology and industry trends and articulating SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent or related work experience;
• 10 years of experience in product marketing, product management, R&D, and/or technical sales support within the technology industry;
• Experience in the fields of Data Management;
• Articulate and knowledgeable about the possibilities of the Cloud;
• Experience with one or more products within SAS or another enterprise software provider.
• Written and verbal communication skills are key;
• Experience leading with marketing content, white papers, social media (of all kinds), web campaigns, etc.;
• Ability to translate & communicate complex technical and business information to a diverse audience;
• Ability to think strategically and articulate/translate product features and customer values into user and buyer personas;
• Understanding of customer buying process and business needs;
• Ability to both work alone, self-driven as well as part of a team;
• Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
• Experience with SAS products.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.