SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Assists the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consultative services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. Possesses a strong knowledge of data technologies, analytic technologies and open source technologies. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS architectures, applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Installs SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Uses domain/industry/solution expertise to participate in and lead pre-sales activities. May also assist during implementation/design
- Assist the implementation team during requirements/design/implementation steps of delivery
- Participate in project estimation process
- Liaise with sales, pre-sales, technical support and product management to determine best action to implement solution at customer environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have advanced knowledge of open source technologies, Hadoop, data architectures.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2-5 years of systems engineering, applications development, technical architecture and design and/or customer support.
- Demonstrated success of application development
- Working knowledge of programming language (Java, C/C+, Python, Swift, HTML 5 etc)
- Experience with Linux OS, iOS, Android OS, Bada etc
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn