SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our SAS Government practice as a Technical Architect. As a member of the technical architecture Government practice, you will leverage your detailed technical knowledge of specific SAS methodologies, projects, and technologies to support sales opportunities and large-scale implementations in the State and Federal government market.
We are looking for client-facing architects with a talent for delivering SAS Installations, providing SAS Administration, conveying knowledge transfer and composing documentation. Duties include understanding client business pains and translating them into requirements for software solutions; collaborating with other professional services colleagues, project managers, and sales teams on customer implementations; providing technical expertise to pre-sales efforts as necessary; keeping abreast of relevant developments and trends; and performing other duties as assigned. Frequent travel is necessary to support consulting or pre-sales engagements at customer sites located throughout the United States.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Performs SAS Administration of the SAS Platform at customer sites
- Scopes and defines work effort, supports resource planning and estimates cost on technical aspects of the project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead as assigned
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- May perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS foundation technologies.
- May conduct pre-sales implementations to prove functional capabilities, including on-site support as required.
- May assist in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Strategizes with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
- Performing other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or any IT related field.
- 8 years’ experience in enterprise software and architecture
- US Government experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience with the SAS programming language
- Travel requirements are approximately 33% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Primary job location is Northern Virginia/DC/Baltimore area
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core SAS offerings.
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Previous Federal government experience involving data management or data analysis.
- SAS certifications
- Experience with SAS Software, SAS Architecture and SAS platform administration.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn