SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
- Designs and develops high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Actively involves other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and alerts stakeholders of issues blocking or preventing completion of task.
- Ensures quality through functional, unit and performance testing; works closely with testing by providing thorough reviews of the test plan and communicates when updates to the plan should be made to cover code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintains accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- In collaboration with technical writers, authors appropriate level of design and technical documentation that satisfies both internal and external consumers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think analytically and effectively communicate issues and solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Eight or more years of software development/programming experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- General knowledge of software development tools, methodologies, and principles
- Experience in designing and developing multi-tier web applications and distributed systems.
- Ability to make UI recommendations based on solid understanding of user interactions
- Ability to provide significant input into architectural decisions.
- Must be familiar with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining application servers to include, Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, IIS <or equivalent>.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, hard-working, motivated, able to take initiative and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working in a distributed, team-based environment
- Detail oriented, well-organized and able to multi-task under pressure
- Demonstrated experience with disciplined unit, regression, and integration testing.
- Participate in peer code reviews and embrace constructive criticism of your own code.
- Experience of developing I18N-compliant software
- Experience using relational databases, SQL and database extraction technologies like Hibernate
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to use Test Driven Development methodologies (Unit test and UMLs)
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Virtualization Technologies like Vagrant, VirtualBox, VMWare.
- Knowledge of data management applications, including but not limited to SAS Data Management
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn