SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
As an Account Executive for SAS, you will be responsible for initiating, managing and closing sales of SAS software, solutions and services to current and prospective accounts within the Consumer Packaged Goods and Distribution industries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Gaining access to, and influencing mid to senior levels in customer and prospect accounts that will lead to qualified opportunities and revenue.
- Leading complex sales cycles consisting of diverse business & technology teams within assigned accounts.
- Fulfilling a wide range of requests for information from basic material to detailed RFPs and RFIs.
- Prospecting within a set of accounts to uncover business needs and build a pipeline.
- Developing and Implementing quarterly business plans, as well as account and opportunity plans in conjunction with your extended team.
- Qualifying composition, value and maturity of opportunities and accurately forecasting value of the deal and time frame to closure by month and quarter.
- Develop an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Preparing standard quotations and proposal information including Value Assessments (ROI).
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, IS or other relevant discipline.
- Five years of experience selling enterprise software solutions (including Analytics).
- Strong track record of consistent quota attainment.
- Knowledge of CPG industry requirements and supporting solutions (Examples include: Demand Planning / Optimization, Consumer Intelligence, Inventory Optimization, Supply Chain Optimization, Forecasting, IoT/Asset Preventative Maintenance, Data Management, etc.).
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Work location in the Central US (Chicago strongly preferred; Cary would be considered).
- Associate's degree in the same fields with an additional 2 years of the stated essential qualifications or a high school diploma (GED) with an additional 4 years of the stated essential qualifications.
- Experience selling to the CPG industry.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques including software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Understanding of software and hardware terminology and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to relate technical and business concepts in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner.
- Ability to translate business needs to SAS solutions.
- Executive level contacts within CPG companies.
- Understanding of SAS software and competitive software landscape.
- Immediate priority is to hire an account executive for a set of Major Accounts who currently resides in the Central US (Chicago strongly preferred; Cary would be considered).
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn