As an Implementation Engineer, you will take a lead role during implementation projects to perform technical planning, installation and consulting for the SAS Fraud Management solution. As a member of the implementation project team, you will take an active role during service delivery phases; working with other team members to build a trusted relationship with the program manager, project manager, technical/solution/integration architect, business consultant, data scientists/modelers and the local country SAS team (if international customer). You will provide thought leadership and be the point person performing software installation, configuration and validation.
SAS is looking for well-rounded consultative engineers to implement the SAS Fraud Management solution and provide technical consulting to some of the largest and most prominent financial institutions around the world. SAS Fraud Management is an industry leading, end-to-end financial fraud and risk detection and prevention solution incorporating the latest technologies and advanced analytics, such as neural networks, machine learning, and other adaptive learning techniques.
- Technical consultant for discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document technical requirements during the customer implementation project.
- Collaborate with R&D and Product Management in providing feedback from the field and the customer as well as sharing your domain and industry expertise to advise future state of the solution.
- Support pre-sales activities worldwide as a SAS Fraud Management and technical domain lead.
- Develop and enhance personal and group skills internally as well as with customers to foster a long-term relationship and partnership.
- Administration-level command of Linux operating environments (e.g. RHEL, SuSE, etc.).
- Understanding of relational database concepts and technical user experience with Oracle or IBM DB2.
- Ability to understand, form and execute SQL language.
- 3+ years of implementation (service delivery), customer and systems support, application development or systems engineering.
- Ability to travel (both domestic and international) between 10 to 20%.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical internal and customer audience of all levels.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Message queuing concepts, experience with IBM MQ, ActiveMQ or other AMQP products.
- Exposure to advanced analytics techniques and concepts, such as machine learning and data modeling.
- Experience working internationally or with international customers. Ability to adjust to cross-cultural etiquette and sensitivities.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn