SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
The Principal Industry Consultant for Oil and Gas will support the SAS Sales Organization by providing strategic domain support for manufacturing industry prospects and customers. In the Oil and Gas industry segments, this person is responsible for demand generation, pipeline build strategies and development of initiatives resulting in increased pipeline, revenue and elevating thought leadership in the industry segment. Development of a domain vision and viewpoint on SAS offerings to provide strategic impact to the Sales vertical go-to-market plans.
- Provides industry specific domain sales support through identification, development, and execution of targeted sales opportunities; act as key expert in industry solution portfolio to support, customer calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies. Leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops industry specific strategy for assigned industry that supports SAS’s strategic vision and value proposition including: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed. Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team. Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- The ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Work Location Preferred: Houston, TX.
- Provide business/domain consulting services to customers.
- Assist product marketing by providing information for future product direction.
- Lead business process discussions and improvement sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Proven success in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Extensive experience with drilling and completions operations, reservoir development and depletion planning, production operations. Field experience an asset. Management experience an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in working in joint venture projects.
- Knowledge and experience in business development.
- Ability to drive incremental revenue through industry experience, relationships and market credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Exposure or knowledge of analytics/data science applications in O&G or otherwise.
- Worked with Oil & Gas software projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree (or equivalent) required, advanced degree preferred Master’s Degree, or MBA.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn