SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
The Senior Industry Consultant – CPG will leverage their extensive industry expertise and networks to drive revenue growth. This person will create and deliver credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market. The Sr. Industry Consultant – CPG will also actively work with sales teams and partners in support of sales opportunities and provide strategic impact to the industry sales go-to-market plans.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Responsible for sales tool development, including use cases and go to market materials.
- Develops industry specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Coaches the sales force on industry focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of sales engagement.
- Maintains and grows partner relationships, key consultancies and systems integrators to establish and strengthen focused and effective partnerships.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience through thought leadership activities including industry articles, whitepapers, blogs, internal and external speaking engagements and involvement with key industry organizations.
- Leads customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Identifies industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Familiar with SAS and competitive products in area of responsibility.
- Provides industry domain expertise during the post-sale stages of a project.
- Work Location: United States.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time or as business needs require.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive incremental revenue.
- Demonstrated Industry relationships and credibility.
- Specialized knowledge in a key solution area or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Good project management and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Strong public speaking and presentations skills required.
Complexity, Supervision and Problem Solving:
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel. (Team Lead).
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline.
- MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of eight years of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn