SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
SAS is currently seeking a Product Manager for our insurance risk solutions. This person will provide leadership in the development of Solutions for insurance risk such as IFRS17. We are seeking a strong, forward looking individual to provide product leadership for our risk management solutions. As Product Manager this person will own the product direction, work closely with R&D to define product function, work closely with the field to enable sales and implementation for the product and work with customers to learn from real world experiences. This individual will have a strong understanding of both risk and the insurance industry. These solutions will span business and regulatory risk projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be the SAS thought leader with respect to the evolving practice of risk management for insurance
- Define and lead the SAS software platform for IFRS17 and other insurance risk solutions
- Define, represent, and advocate for the persona, use cases, and general product requirements relevant to insurance risk and to influence product development, direction, and strategy
- Drive awareness of SAS within the financial risk community through direct engagement, coordination, and oversight of corporate-wide outreach efforts
- Author content to help build, support, and nurture the uses of SAS solutions for insurance risk and specifically IFRS17
- Provide oversight and guidance to marketing and messaging efforts targeting these areas
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing, Solvency II and/or ORSA
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) including, IFRS17
- Professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA, FIA, CIA or equivalent
- Experience developing or using Actuarial software such as Prophet, GGY Axis
- Experience with ALM or Economic Capital Models in Insurance
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills;
- Ability to work independently; also ability to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities, and internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, economics, computer science or in closely related fields
- At least five years of risk or finance experience in the financial services area
- Deployment experience in credit risk or financial reporting
- Ability and willingness to travel and represent SAS as a thought leader
- Proven ability to rapidly research, learn, apply, explain, and promote SAS solutions for IFRS17 and insurance risk
- Strong, self-motivated organizational skills including the ability to define, work, and manage multiple priorities, commitments, schedules, and deadlines independently
- Ability to understand and apply detailed technical knowledge while relating it back to the big picture
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with people of varied business and technical backgrounds
- Ability to translate business issues / pain points into product and service requirements
- Ability to participate in and lead virtual teams without direct authority using excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Two years of experience in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Consulting, or related functions in the financial risk industry
- Experience working directly with SAS software such as programming with SAS
- Experience in developing, delivering, and executing business proposals
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn