As an advanced analytics practitioner, you will join a highly successful team focused on driving business advantage for SAS customers across an exciting range of industry verticals and application areas. This consultative role will provide someone with wide knowledge, analytic depth and creativity the opportunity to lead enterprise class organizations through their evolution of increased analytic competency and maturity. Typical activities include sales cycle support through discovery workshops, SAS capabilities presentations, hands on demonstrations and proof of concepts/pilots of the products that make up the SAS analytics brand (visualization, streaming, data mining, text mining, forecasting, and optimization), and various customer focused discussions including how SAS differentiates from competitive products and provides unique business value. Other activities may include participating in industry thought leadership panels, providing product development input to SAS R&D and creating specific customer road maps for a phased capabilities delivery.
A significant trend in our customer markets is the desire to learn how to elevate analytic competency and many companies are looking to SAS to provide this leadership. Your ability to collaborate with business, analytical and IT customer representatives, and lead the process of consultative analytical guidance throughout the presales engagement will help ensure SAS remains dominant as the leader in business analytics solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Decision Science, Computer Science, or other quantitative field with:
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting to business audiences
- 2 years or more of experience in a presales support role selling complex software solutions to VP and C-level executives
- 5 years or more experience using SAS programming and/or other languages such as R and Python
- 5 years or more experience using packaged analytics and business intelligence products from SAS and/or those provided by other industry leaders
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time as business needs require
- Location: United States
You would be responsible for:
- Designing high throughput and streaming data pipelines using the SAS event stream processing engine
- Installing, configuring, and executing open source streaming frameworks
- Detecting and communicating differentiators of SAS event stream processing engine, in relation to open source streaming frameworks, to clients and internal stakeholders
- Understand client requirements for a given use case and build prototypes, develop deployment strategies, procedures, and road maps
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Apache Spark Streaming
- Hadoop streaming
- Apache Storm
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Flink
Strong coding skills in at least one of the following scripting languages:
- Design schema and streaming pipelines for real-time stores such as Cassandra and Hbase (or any NoSQL database)
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn