As a Systems Engineer, you will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale activities within the Federal Government vertical. You will creatively apply business analytics applications to help solve business problems and communicate these approaches to different business audiences in the Federal Government.
You will also prepare prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis; develop and present customized demonstrations for accounts; work with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities; plan and implement in conjunction with the Account Executive; and perform other duties as assigned.
You will need to have a demonstrated ability to detect and understand the customer's business needs; articulate the value of our solutions and offerings; and identify appropriate applications, tools, and solutions.
- White-boarding and/or framing technology architecture for SAS Software Solutions that demonstrates creative skills to use technology competencies to solve business problems.
- Developing and/or present technology presentations
- Developing account strategy and account plan with Account Executive and other sales team members
- Acting in a consultative role to SAS clients, including interviewing clients to capture technical information
- Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP's utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Research competitive landscape
- Delivering analytical SAS Software Solution Demonstrations
- Lead Proof of Concept activities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related quantitative field with:
- 5 years of experience in technical sales, marketing, technical support or information systems.
- One year of experience programming in a high-level language, developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by SAS or Federal Government industry experience
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Experience presenting technical software/hardware demonstrations
- Detailed knowledge of industry or market segments or in-depth knowledge of a specific area of industry expertise.
- Familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System.
- Experienced to Advanced knowledge of SAS System tools.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous pre-sales experience in the software industry
- Hands-on knowledge of business intelligence, data warehousing/ETL software or SAS analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS System tools
- Travel as business requirements dictate.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.