As a member of the SAS Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence (AI CoE), you will delivery state-of-the-art AI and machine learning solutions to our customers. You will be involved in all aspects of specific engagements, where you will get to scope, define, analyze, model, and deliver AI solutions to real applications. You will be in the SAS R&D organization, working closely with customers on billable engagements, and constantly interacting with many parts of SAS (R&D, sales, product management, and consulting) to accomplish delivery of our technology that solve highly-visible and valuable business problems. On the client side, you will interact directly with all levels of the organization, from end-users of the technology to executive-level sponsors.
- PhD-level or equivalent expertise in: computer science, statistics, electrical engineering, or related technical field
- Excellent customer skills – demonstrated by accomplishments in collaboration with business users
- Demonstrated deployment of AI/ML technology in specific industrial applications to deliver quantifiable business value
- Experience designing, testing, validating complex learning models
- Experience with implementations of AI/ML applications using open source frameworks
- Specialization in applying one or more of the following: machine learning, predictive analytics, deep learning, cognitive computing, reinforcement learning, expert systems, image processing, natural language processing, chatbot applications, event stream processing, usability and user experience of AI
- Expert knowledge in using and tuning AI/ML algorithms, deployment, and analytical infrastructures
- Knowledge of domain-specific data frameworks, such as image storage systems
- Domain expertise in a vertical application area / BU / industry, such as manufacturing, healthcare, banking, retail, or related fields
- Experience in IoT, cloud computing, hardware interfaces
- Expert, back-room programming experience, data science experience, capable of a good degree of hacking and data manipulation
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn