Are you passionate about software development? Do you have experience sharing that passion with others?
We have a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make a huge impact as a Developer Advocate. Ideally, you’re someone who can write code with the best of them, but get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards solutions you heartily believe in. This role will serve as a connector and liaison for the developer community to SAS technologies; building and fostering an eco-system of great minds.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Help to represent the voice of the software developer internal and external to SAS.
- Participate in developer advocacy, nurture and inspire SAS developer communities
- Contribute to strategy for developer.sas.com and help implement that vision.
- Act as a sounding board and influencer for developer experience initiatives at SAS
- Interact directly with members of the customer software developers, partners and key influencers in the community
- Work with SAS’s Web teams, Communities, Marketing Editorial, and SAS IT to build, sustain, and promote the developer.sas.com site.
- Experience in software development or working closely with developer audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the software touchpoints that excite developers: APIs, SDKs, example applications, GitHub projects, etc.
- Proven success in working with stakeholders from multiple business units/teams
- Proven success in working with shared service providers such as IT and corporate webmasters
- Demonstrable customer and partner focus
- Ability to build and grow a community focused on developers
- Ability to combine technical, operational, and feature assets to produce a viable and vibrant resource for customers.
- Experience managing online communities for developers
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn