We are looking someone to join our team who assists sales teams, pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize revenue opportunities. As part of the Global Technology Practice, you will ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with a specific focus on the integration of the SAS analytics platform into the broader architecture and strategy of the customer. This role involves understanding the entire SAS portfolio of technology, with emphasis on SAS Viya, and its integration and installation methods, alongside other technologies. You will work closely with Product Management, global enablement and delivery teams, pre-sales systems engineers, partners, and R&D to define technology direction based on market and customer demands to continue the growth of our business. You should have the capability to represent the entire SAS technology suite of products/solutions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand detailed customer requirements and how SAS can competitively achieve them
- Build a trusted relationship with team members at all levels within the Practice as part of providing practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of the proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Clearly articulate the breadth and value of the entire SAS platform including SAS Viya,
- Clearly state how the SAS technologies differentiate SAS from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as partners, analysts or the press
- Assist in defining best practices for delivery and implementation of SAS solutions for IT.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Work with Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
- Foster relationships with client personnel at project and stakeholder levels
- Identify enterprise-wide view of gaps and identify opportunities to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
- Communicate functional and technical differentiators and how SAS provides value for the enterprise.
- Present to executive level audiences the SAS technology
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5 years of enterprise software experience working in the support, architecture or delivery space with data or analytics focus. Experience as part of a pre-sales team is a benefit.
- Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Programming skills with one or more modern languages (scripted or compiled) – e.g. KSH, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java
- Ability to Travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of sales and pre-sales techniques within the technology industry.
- Understanding of modern DevOps patterns, tools, and methods
- Hardware knowledge of storage, network, CPU, and memory
- Linux Operating System knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to present to wide variety of audiences from technical to C-suite
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, and interaction skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Knowledge of SAS technology, architecture, and resources
- Experience with SAS, R, or other statistical language
- Understanding of Hadoop and related technologies
- Ability to build materials for enablement activities and demonstrated delivery capability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working across multiple geographies
- Experience working across industries including, but not limited to retail, financial services, communications, high tech, manufacturing, government, and healthcare
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn