US Commercial Pre-Sales is seeking a manager to lead a centralized team of specialists whom are experts in the SAS Customer Intelligence solutions portfolio and our platform applications that enable marketers to provide best in class customer journeys. More specifically, this team and manager are the frontline architects that engage with SAS customers and prospects during the sales support process, and are responsible for skillfully positioning how SAS software and services meet the objectives of modern marketing organizations. As SAS Omnichannel and Real-time Decisioning capabilities define Customer Intelligence as a strategic initiative for SAS, a complete solution from SAS includes our Customer Intelligence solution offerings powered by the robust analytical/AI and data processing capabilities of the SAS Platform. Excellent knowledge of SAS Customer Intelligence solutions, marketing analytics and how our software capabilities shape the digital experience is criteria for consideration.
As manager, you will assist in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution, and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue and customer success. The expectation is that you will demonstrate leadership as an active role model for the team with an ability to provide direct customer engagement support, and strategic leadership on sales opportunities. The ability to develop relationships across SAS sales & delivery teams, product management, marketing and practice/enablement organizations is a key aspect of this role.
- Hires, develops and retains customer facing professionals with the necessary skills and topical expertise to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Is able to develop content and present to executive level in sales opportunities on the business value of SAS Customer Intelligence offerings.
- Develops executive level relationships on sales opportunities.
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administers all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for supporting sales of all Customer Intelligence offerings, including involvement with and direction to Product, Marketing and R&D.
- Takes initiative to improve the outcomes of the team engagements with Business Units and Country sales.
- Makes contributions to the department. Capable of representing SAS Customer Intelligence externally and internally from a strategic standpoint.
- Acts as a positive role model for others in their department.
- Demonstrates leadership within their department.
- Manages escalations without direction from management or team lead.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS Customer Intelligence portfolio and their applications.
- Strong ability to incorporate the fullness of the SAS platform as part of our Customer Intelligence engagements.
- Familiarity with the modern marketing digital landscape, and specifically where SAS fits best and our competitive differentiators.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to communicate clearly.
- Effectively communicate and work across departments within Customer Intelligence Global Practice and outside to other organizations such a Product and Professional Services.
- Can help determine and create escalation paths when necessary.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Location: United States.
- Demonstrates good judgment in approaching complex situations both in sales process as well as managing internal political situations. Networks with senior internal and external stakeholders in the Customer Intelligence and related solutions area of expertise.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and new projects or assignments.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of Customer Intelligence specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ten years of relevant experience in Customer Intelligence focused roles. Experience managing a team.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn