SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Principal, Corporate Development – Technology In-Licensing
Corporate Planning & Development seeks a candidate to lead/manage the team’s Technology Provider (in-licensing) Program. The candidate would, ideally, have an MBA and 7-10+ years post-MBA experience in management consulting, investment banking, business development, and/or corporate planning. The candidate must have extremely strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. He/She must also have the ability to manage cross-functional teams/activities across numerous (10-15+) simultaneously active partners/opportunities -- each of which likely to present unique challenges/requirements.
- The responsibilities associated with this position are to include:
- Leading a team of cross-functional constituents to develop/execute business cases, financial analyses, and implementation plans that assess/support strategic in-licensing partner relationships.
- Managing the portfolio of (80+) technology providers to SAS' set of offerings, including assessing and prioritizing key activities across many simultaneously active technology partners to drive consistency, effectiveness, efficiency, and value for SAS.
- Identifying, developing, and managing partnering opportunities – efficiently managing the deal funnel from identification and negotiation to closing and relationship management.
- Serving as the team lead to negotiate agreements that maximize corporate value and ensure consistency with internal policies.
- Leading the executive approval process for key opportunities; includes presenting business justification and financial analyses.
- Coordinating and managing key partnership data/information (e.g., historical and current royalties, begin/end agreement dates, key R&D/Prod Mgmt personnel, etc.) for all technology partners.
- Engaging with key executives to ensure compliance of technology partner program best practice policies.
- Monitoring the post-close partnerships to assess the impact of the and overall success of the transaction/relationship.
- Continually assessing and potentially enhancing cross-functional business development processes for SAS’ technology providers.
- Working with a variety of cross-functional constituents to determine/revise priorities and filters for technology partnering activities.
- Serving as a strategic advisor to management in the development of criteria for technology in-licensing activities and relationship management.
- Promoting investigation and application of new technologies and industry trends to corporate development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 15+ years of related experience in a business environment, including significant experience in corporate planning/development, technology licensing, product management, marketing, and/or business analysis within a cross-functional, team-oriented environment (often leading these teams).
- Extensive experience defining, completing, and presenting business cases, financial models, marketing/alliance plans, licensing agreements, market requirements documents, acquisition integration plans, and/or product portfolio assessments to an executive audience.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team that includes technical, legal, financial, R&D, product management, and other constituents.
- Ability to create, articulate, communicate, and document SAS product strategy to a diverse group of audiences.
- Experience negotiating financially significant ($1,000,000+) and/or mission-critical contracts and partnering/acquisition agreements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Very strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Very strong written, verbal and visual communication skills; proven ability to effectively present to senior executives and industry thought leaders.
- Ability to lead corporate-level strategic projects -- working independently and as part of a team.
- MBA combined with a technically-oriented undergraduate degree.
- Significant experience within the technology sector (ideally in enterprise software).
- Background in strategy/management consulting and/or investment banking, with a top-tier firm.
- A combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn