The Sr. Strategic Account Client Executive will be responsible for leading and managing the relationship and team for the Kaiser Permanente Beacon Account. This person will successfully align internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS Solutions with a focus on growing overall revenue while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. The Sr. Strategic Account Client Executive will lead a team of Account Executives and, in some cases, sales support staff.
1. Sales Management / Revenue Generation
- Manage and lead the Kaiser Beacon Account team within the Strategic Account Program.
- Formulate and execute a Strategic Account Plan using the internal company toolset. Outline a path to expected revenue objectives for the team. Coach the team on the methodology.
- Analyze client, industry and market trends. Review economic, financial, and competitive positioning data to inform sales strategies, analyze impacts, identify new opportunity for SAS.
- Achieve an individual sales quota. Lead the team to achieve quota or achieve individual goals for the assigned account.
- Utilize SAS’ methodology to lead the team along a multi-year strategic account plan that articulates their customer's strategic business goals and objectives. The plan will comprehend a multi-year view to revenue growth and elevation of SAS's strategic presence while delivering measurable value.
- Balance the long-term vision with the delivery of short term goals. Anticipate internal and external business issues that may impact sales targets and business development plans. Develop contingency plans to address issues as they arise.
- Evaluate and enhance the overall relationship with SAS and the client. Increase the amount of relationships and their value to the client and the account team.
- Manage relationships at the executive level within the account. Facilitate a scheduled cadence of collaborative meetings with key account stakeholders to create, evaluate and direct a collaborative roadmap.
3. Sales Operations:
- Handles management responsibilities including hiring, training, reviewing performance, giving feedback, delegating work assignments, and communicating department and company goals.
- Formulate sales targets for staff. Works with SAS peers to define compensation arrangements for account related initiatives.
- Maintains accurate revenue forecasts. Applies SAS contractual and pricing policies to a client situation with full appreciation of implications and commercial risk.
- Applies SAS contractual and pricing policies to the customer situation with full appreciation of implications and commercial risk.
Additional Responsibilities - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands the business environment and the economic, social, and political trends that impact the organization's strategy. Integrates this understanding of the organization's approach with awareness of trends to identify business opportunities and threats.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences. Has ability to generate new business through strategic-based selling.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate account dynamics; and develop and implement sales plans. Leverages multiple resources and works several projects at once. Separates the critical from the important both individually and for the team.
- Proficiency in account planning and account management. Leads by example in strategic planning, execution and personal development. Communicates honestly and with respect.
- Understands the differences between management and leadership. Optimizes the team’s competencies to match the skills required to create win-win outcomes. Communicates honestly and in appositive fashion. Fosters an ethical work environment.
- Negotiates with an understanding of the decision-making process and communicates the value of the entire solution, services and software.
- Understands the industry and account with high degree of certainty and can serve as a subject matter expert on industry trends and best practices.
- Reframes the client’s present and future business and effectively visualizes the desired scenario to both client’s and colleagues, alike.
- Maintains accurate revenue forecasts for software and services.
- Sees multiple outcomes. Can anticipate internal and external business issues that will impact sales targets and business development plans. Develops contingency plans to address issues as they arise. Solves complex problems dispassionately and with an eye for the client and SAS.
- Comprehends the implications of contractual dialogue and commercial risk as they relate to the software industry.
- Location: San Francisco and Sacramento, CA
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Typically requires eight years of experience in software sales, including two years of experience leading and coordinating sales activities for strategic accounts. Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn