The DHS team is seeking a Senior Account Executive (AE) to support its Homeland Security and Justice Portfolio. The ideal candidate is someone who is curious, loves to solve big problems in government, has a passion for national security, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. The Senior AE will be responsible for growing business in various agencies across the Homeland Security and Justice portfolio, and will play a key role in driving the long term growth plan for the team.
Highly Desired Attributes:
- Strong Business Acumen: Uses a combination of insight and discovery strategies to engage influential decision makers in government to understand their business and evaluate their commitment and ability to buy product and service offerings
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is consistently a top performer and very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Advances the sale: Builds agreement on outcomes and actions to move to the next step in the buying process. Assertively requests meetings with others who can influence buying decisions and persists in requesting the desired outcome, where appropriate, to close the sale.
- Deep account experience with Department of Homeland Security and / or Department of Justice agencies is highly desired.
- Ability to think strategically to position opportunities with senior government leaders, but also analytical enough to be able to handle the technical details of opportunities.
- Problem solving: Excited about tackling complex, mission critical problems, and can use creativity and technical savvy to position SAS analytics technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present to sales briefings to executives with composure.
- 5+ years in business development, capture management and/or sales experience within the Federal space.
- Good knowledge of the Federal acquisition process including responding to RFIs, RFPs, and other formal solicitations by the Government.
- Adept at building partnerships with systems integrators and service providers, strategically leveraging contract vehicles and relationships to win new work.
- Secret clearance or above is highly preferred, but not required. Familiarity with National Security oriented customers is a must.
- Responsible for driving new revenue growth, both software and services, and works across a matrixed team of staff to position new solutions.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs with a keen eye on multi-year, $5M+ opportunities where analytics can drive significant mission value.
- Strong team player with the ability to lead cross-functional teams to drive sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers.
- Lead responses to RFPs, RFIs, etc., attend industry events, and facilitate consultative sales discovery sessions with prospects, and building partnering relationships.
- Actively lead sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs, and designs appropriate demonstrations that map to business needs.
- Shape acquisition strategies by leveraging partners, contracting vehicles, and customer information to find the optimal path for deal closure.
- Comfortable delivering presentations to customers at the executive management level.
- Understands basic financial and accounting principles to prepare complex quotations and proposal information as needed. Leverages creativity to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions. Works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and manage delivery expectations.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts and opportunities with high "close" potential, qualifies opportunities, and forecasts time to close business.
- Actively markets within territory to include leveraging social media, conducting campaigns, and providing thought leadership.
- Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, shares information with team members willingly, and holds themselves accountable for results.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to grow the business.
Essential / Desired Requirements:
- MBA or advanced degree is highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- Work location: Washington, DC metro area
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time as or as business needs dictate.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.