SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
About the Role:
As a member of the Global Competitive Insights team, you will be responsible for market research, market trend analysis, and competitive intelligence for key SAS offerings. As such, you will be a key contributor to deliver information to sales and presales teams, product management, and product marketing, and executive level management about select competitors through the synthesis of primary and secondary data and research, with the goal of improving sales effectiveness. The candidate will work closely with sales teams to drive closure on high priority opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work proactively with cross functional teams, including Sales, Product Management and others in Marketing, to understand business objectives and questions, articulate a proposed methodology and plan to gather information and data needed, and execute on that plan.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Management, and Artificial Intelligence markets, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes.
- Actively participate in competitive sales engagements in order to develop, test, and validate strategies, methodologies, and content.
- Develop a thorough understanding of market dynamics and competitive solutions and products, analyze competitor activities and performance, and derive implications for our business strategy.
- Create a repository of competitive intelligence case studies and product/market analysis.
- Distill market research findings into key actionable insights, clearly communicate results and recommend action items that align with brand imperatives and critical business initiatives.
- Develop concise, audience-appropriate, actionable communications characterized by their strategic insights.
- Develop up-to-date tools such as battle cards, product analyses, competitive responses, internal and external presentations, etc.
- Coordinate and present data for briefings with internal constituents.
- Execute Win/Loss analysis and analysis/reporting of key performance metrics.
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, partners, customers, and industry experts.
- Communicate SAS’ competitive functional and technical differentiators.
- Hands-on experience with SAS or competitive applications for Event Stream Processing, Decision Management, or BI/Visualization software
- 8 years of pre-sales solution engineering, solution architecture, competitive intelligence or business development experience.
- Ability to Travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- 3 years demonstrated experience in competitive analysis in the IT industry
- Deep understanding of the analytics lifecycle
- Experience with Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics for Event Stream Processing, or Decision Management software
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, public speaking, and interaction skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical consulting experience
- Experience working across multiple geographies
- Experience working across industries including but not limited to retail, financial services, communications, high tech, manufacturing and healthcare
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn