As a Product Manager for Decision Management, you will gather market-driven requirements for the SAS model management, business rules, and decision management product lines by consulting with customers, prospects, analysts, industry influencers and other external resources. You will synthesize these requirements into a business plan that defines what the SAS vision must be for this space and gain executive approval for your plan. You will align product roadmaps to your vision and manage product lifecycles as you define, manage, and ensure the tasks needed to achieve that vision are executed on time. You will collaborate with customers, pre-sales and post-sales organizations, as well as research and development to achieve success for SAS products and solutions in the market.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Develop a business plan with a vision and roadmap for relevant areas of product responsibility and execute on it once approved
- Define user personas and product use cases
- Define product requirements based on customer, prospect, and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution and generate a Market Requirements Document (MRD) based on this information
- Drive product development in R&D based on requirements and product lifecycle
- Deliver technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning, and collateral
- Develop and run software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press, analysts, at events, etc.
- Work closely with other product managers to promote and drive common product roadmap and development strategies across SAS offerings
- Work with industry analysts to provide content and demonstrations for various reports and act as a point of contact for inbound inquiries
- Ensure knowledge transfer of product functionality to Marketing & Sales
- Serve as a spokesperson and contributor via both traditional and digital marketing activities to press and analyst communities
- Work closely with product marketing to ensure alignment on product positioning and go-to-market product strategies
- Keep current on product, platform, and solution developments being implemented by SAS and competitors
- Keep current of business and market trends and emerging market opportunities that have the potential to impact and influence SAS product strategic direction
- Apply and demonstrate thought leadership through clear development, communication, and alignment of customer pains, market requirements, and product capabilities of relevant SAS platform, foundation, and Cloud-based offerings to internal and external audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, statistics, engineering, business, or in closely related fields
- Three years of experience in Software Development, Product Management, Product Marketing, Presales, Consulting, or a related function in the software industry
- Willingness to solve problems of all kinds by embracing and pushing change and challenging the status quo
- Strong, self-motivated organizational skills including the ability to work and manage multiple priorities, commitments, schedules, and deadlines independently
- Ability to think creatively and critically, rapidly learn and apply new technical concepts, and understand and apply detailed technical and business knowledge while remembering the big picture
- Ability to travel as business dictates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Experience with data analysis techniques and analytics methods and technologies
- Experience with open-source technologies such as R, Hadoop, Python, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with rule engines, sequential processing, RETE, decision and rule optimization
- Experience with Cloud-based business models, technologies, and concepts including microservices, REST, containers, serverless computing, etc.
- Experience with market research and validation of marketing messaging, competitor analysis
- Experience with the design, setup, and execution of product demo from start to finish
- Experience in developing, delivering, and executing on business proposals
- Ability to execute tasks and deliver timely, valuable results
- Ability to translate customer issues / pain points into product and service requirements
- Ability to identify key target audiences and from them create necessary personas who influence the buying decision
- Ability to translate technical information into simple, audience-appropriate language
- Ability to work with all levels and departments within SAS, applying skills in negotiation and influence to drive strategic and tactical goals to completion
- Ability to participate in and lead virtual teams without direct authority using excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate with people with varied technical backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to travel and represent SAS as a thought leader
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn