Responsible for sales management, business development and value proposition oversight for Internet-of-Things Commercial (IoTc) across Banking, Insurance and Healthcare. Owns the revenue target for multiple business development executives in a highly-competitive and complex emerging industry.
Will manage the business development executives working with new and existing clients to introduce new value propositions and revenue streams for our clients.
IoTc specializes in converting IoT market opportunities into value capture revenue sharing relationships or working with new clients to introduce new products, services, or margin improvements. We will work closely with SAS account coverage teams, IoT pre-sales, product, and R&D.
- Ownership and management of IoTc value proposition development approach to sales and distribution:
- Understand observable market opportunity:
- Understand requirements to perform against observable market opportunity:
- Understand investment to enter into observable market opportunity:
- Understand necessary market share to support healthy business:
- Understand delivery complexity and ongoing management costs:
- Understand sensibility of the business model
- Establish IoTc ecosystem design – channel and / or assets with GTM plan
- Formalize economic framework contracts and distribution model
- Secure clients and revenue base for created IoTc ecosystem value proposition
- Deep, nuanced understanding of banking (commercial, capital markets, equipment / asset / supply chain finance), insurance (personal / commercial lines, P&C, life, reinsurance) and / or healthcare (device, provider network, systems)
- Ability to understand and quantify the impact of inefficient operations within targeted industries to optimally design value proposition and work with the appropriate clients to enable transformative outcomes
- Develops go to market plans for IoTc solutions with multiple distribution approaches; identifies market segments with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- Ability to foster close working relationships with SAS partners and industry consultants to maximize revenue potential and accelerate market adoption of an emerging solution where appropriate
- Works closely with SAS resources and peer executives to identify relevant client organizations aligned to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities from the emerging initiatives group
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers, internal SAS executives and external partners. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required. Works closely with internal partner organizations to ensure appropriate allocation and utilization of resources.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services. Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities. Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix. Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- Performs other duties, as assigned. Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings. Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites. Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge. Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, business trends, and industry knowledge to assess IoT solution requirements.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization with global responsibility and distribution of resources.
- Experience in working in an open-ended, innovation focused operating environment where you must be able to prioritize the investment of a finite set of resources to pursue high-quality opportunities
- Preference for experience in working with international teams (clients and internal)
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses BASE or Strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for IoTc division
- Develops plans to identify IoTc solutions that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Ability to travel
- Located out of Charlotte NC, Raleigh NC or Greater New York City Area, NY
- Requires 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Working experience in the financial services industry either through direct industry roles or consulting / advisory roles
- Familiarity and experience in IoT use cases, platforms, challenges and businesses
- Knowledge of modern sales techniques, distribution and partnership models; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to evaluate and quantify (in dollar potential) a specific market opportunity in an industry
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn