The Sales Manager – General Territory will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS’s strategic corporate and business unit objectives through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within a defined region or industry.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs).
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers. Position will best fit individual with entrepreneurial approach to developing new business.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing, coaching and evaluating staff.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures utilization of SAS’ sales methodology to include Territory Planning, development of Account Plans and Opportunity Plans.
- Lead effective coaching of team in support of individual goal achievement.
- Leads sales team in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Identify and execute on-going training of sales executives to continually improve AE skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware and software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate/government software or hardware acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Effective in ability to lead and coach sales team.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Preferred Locations: Arizona, Nevada and Utah.
- Additional Location: Western United States.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Typically requires eight years of experience in software sales, including two years in a leadership role within the technology industry. Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving sales target.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn