As the Alliance & Channel Regional Leader you will be responsible for leading a team to align SAS Alliance and Channel Partner strategy with SAS’ Direct and Indirect Sales strategy, and our customers’ buying behavior to maximize collective business value. You will establish and prioritize team responsibilities and objectives related to both team goals and broader Alliance and Channel goals. As a principal business partner to Sales and other functional Executives you will employ strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills to be a positive force for change. This is an outward-facing (partner and customer) role that will have clear revenue generation expectations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead your team to develop and execute plans that will lead to high-value go-to-market partner plans with an emphasis on net-new SAS revenue generation in your regional market.
- Collaborate with direct sales teams to co-develop incremental and partner-led growth plans in specific areas (e.g., target accounts, target customer issues areas, target SAS offering segments, target partnerships).
- Lead team members who may be regional or business unit spearheads for planning and execution in alignment with global Alliance management teams, with an emphasis on driving net-new revenue scale with top global partners.
- Lead team members who may be regional or business unit spearheads for planning and execution in alignment with global Channel management teams, with an emphasis on driving net-new revenue with a set of SAS authorized resellers.
- Collaborate with direct sales teams to provide operating level agreement (OLA) services across a defined set of categories (e.g., opportunity sourcing, partner selection & engagement, opportunity support, etc.) with a strong bias toward repeatable high-value activity.
- Collaborate with other members of the Alliance and Channels Leadership team to develop and execute repeatable programs that will drive revenue for SAS with and through partners.
- Collaborate with key constituents from other divisions (e.g., SAS Field Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, and R&D) to align goals and initiatives.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Executive Alignment. Collaborate with SAS Alliance Partner and Channel Partner managers to identify and develop key executive alignment between key SAS stakeholders and our strategic partner contacts.
- Stakeholder Alignment. Coordinate SAS Sales and Partner Managers to ensure open and transparent communication and collaboration on opportunities. Develop and facilitate relationships with all Partner Alliance Managers and SAS stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Legal, PSD, etc.) and fully participate in the execution of joint business plans and initiatives.
- Joint Business Planning. Contribute to the joint business plans of the region and aligned to global initiatives (business development, marketing and sales activities, partner enablement plans) with SAS Alliance Managers, Channel Managers, and Partners, including development of joint value propositions and joint offerings, as needed. Track and report results (revenue, pipeline and other key success metrics) to ensure that objectives are met.
- Operational Rigor and Governance. Develop and execute regular communications plans to collaborate with SAS Alliance & Channel Leadership to track and measure objectives, adjust and align as objectives change, and communicate to SAS stakeholders those changes.
- Personnel Development. Manage, develop, and sustain a team of high-performing individuals focused on Alliance and Channel initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or other related field.
- 15 years of marketing, sales, and business partner relationship development within the software application industry (including related products and services).
- 8 years of management/supervisory experience.
- 2 years of Channel development/management in the software industry preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of alliance techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, Channel development working with resellers, and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Excellent knowledge of solution selling methods, particularly Challenger Sale and Revegy concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated team-building and planning skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time as business requirements dictate.
- Current certification with the Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP).
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn