SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
The State and Local Government sales organization has an immediate opening for a Government Analytics Account Executive who will focus on sales to Texas Government agencies.
Your responsibilities will consist of executing on strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue from a platform approach of Government Analytics products by targeting Texas agencies.
The responsibilities will also include selling a portfolio of Business Intelligence Products (Data Integration, Data Management, Reporting and Advanced Analytics); developing and selling business solutions that meet customers' needs; executing proven sales/marketing tactics and programs in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives; identifying, qualifying and disqualifying prospective agencies within Texas to build the appropriate funnel portfolio in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives; developing and executing a territory marketing plan including a territory management plan; managing customer and prospect accounts to achieve expedient purchase decisions and to assist customers with problem resolutions; identifying and calling on all levels of an organization from a ground-level technician to senior agency heads/elected officials/ "C" level executives; demonstrating your ability to utilize your contacts to gain access to a client, prospect or partner in order to uncover and move opportunities forward; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field of study
- 5-10 years of experience selling software solutions or experience working in a related role within Texas State Government
- Ability to travel within the Texas area at least 50% of the time or as business needs require
- Work location in Texas
- Current contacts within the Texas State Government market where you have become a trusted advisor to the client
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts
- Knowledge of SAS System products and services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Be an energetic self-starter and possess an excellent knowledge of the industry marketplace and business drivers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS solutions, applications and user needs
- Demonstrated success working with executive and legislative branches of state government
- Demonstrated understanding of State Government procurement procedures and sales cycles
- J.D. or Master’s degree preferred
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn