As a Solutions Engineer you will be working on SAS Visual Investigator, a solution that is part of the Data Science and Emerging Technology team within SAS Fraud and Security Intelligence division. SAS Visual Investigator is a cloud-ready investigation and incident management solution that allows customers to analyze large structured and unstructured data sources. Users can create, triage and manage alerts; perform detailed investigations; and disseminate the resulting insights. The product provides a customizable platform for other SAS teams and external developers to create a new generation of investigative applications using the very latest SAS technologies.
Solutions built on top of SAS Visual Investigator include:
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Child Welfare
- Counter Terrorism
- Law Enforcement Intelligence
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to work within a team responsible for tactical development and configuration of items related to SAS Visual Investigator. The expectation is that the person in this role would become one of the primary experts on the product within the organization.
The tactical tasks could include the following:
- Developing custom AngularJS controls for solutions built upon SAS Visual Investigator.
- Developing custom Java services built to support solutions built upon SAS Visual Investigator.
- Developing compelling demonstrations and proof of concepts.
- Assisting the general SAS Visual Investigator community with issues they encounter.
- Assisting SAS Support team with customer issues.
- Assisting in customer implementations where required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum of (8) years of related programming experience, including one year of project lead, supervisory or management experience. Eight years of professional programming may be considered in lieu of previous management experience.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience with software technologies including:
- Java, Spring framework and REST service development, and/or
- Ability to learn and explore new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to lead design and development of components with minimal supervision.
- Ability to formulate and adhere to good development and testing practices.
- Ability to manage the workload of a team of developers and testers.
- Ability to represent SAS in customer engagements.
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Experience with SQL and databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience with unit, regression, and integration testing.
- Experience performing code reviews and mentoring team members.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Unix OS development environment experience.
- Experience analyzing and optimizing the performance of web applications.
Location: Cary NC
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn