SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
This individual completes maintenance job requests as received from an automated system or as directly communicated. Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks and repairs throughout SAS facilities. Follows all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Completes maintenance requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Schedules jobs during times that do not unusually disrupt normal business operations; may include working additional hours or alternate work schedules.
- Moves furniture, office equipment, and other heavy objects.
- Performs general construction and structure repairs to maintain existing facilities.
- Performs preventive maintenance, such as painting, caulking, cleaning gutters, and drain cleaning, by following established schedule.
- Assists with office moves, as needed.
- Assists department staff in daily routines.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Four years of experience in building maintenance in a corporate environment, or in construction
- Able to perform and oversee a Preventive Maintenance Program – painting; drain cleaning; caulking; building/general repairs; building inspections; carpentry etc.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and utilize appropriate resources
- Able to inspect overall facilities and determine scheduled maintenance using best trade practices
- Broad knowledge in maintaining commercial buildings in a corporate environment such as building envelope systems, lock and key systems, plumbing systems, roofing systems and overall commercial construction
- Working knowledge of LEED certified buildings
- Able to coordinate and execute large campus activities or events
- Demonstrated ability to manage contractors in a commercial office environment and oversee projects
- General knowledge with Microsoft office, spreadsheets and the ability to work with building service request systems
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Demonstrates good judgment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic
- Valid North Carolina driver's license
- Formal training or course work in construction framing, plumbing, or maintenance operations preferred
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn