The Analytical Solutions Architect will assist the sales team with solution sales activities addressing customer challenges within the healthcare and life science space. This person will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and provide thought leadership focusing on value-based design through the creation and adoption of SAS solutions. They will develop and enhance personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of establishing SAS as a credible partner with its customers. This person possesses a strong knowledge of SAS products and analytics and will participate in and may lead the design process. The Analytical Solutions Architect will have the ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive, and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, analytics, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Installs SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Industry Consultants, Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Required to travel on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Communicate key business value propositions and discriminators internally.
- Communicate key technology trends in commercial operations and help to drive SAS’ response from Sales and Product perspective.
- Be entrepreneurial, e.g. identify role + mission + outcomes and lead and/or gain consensus on common ground.
- Demonstrated analytics credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the areas of advanced analytics.
- Strategic application of data analytics to improve decision-making and creating business value.
- Proven skill at developing messaging for customers based on their challenges, concepts, and their decision-making systems.
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, adopting, and deploying of advanced analytics.
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, or other quantitative related discipline
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have advanced knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Location: United States.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn