SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS’ acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Health & Life Sciences division as an Account Executive. We are considering candidates with software sales experience selling into healthcare, specifically health systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of SAS solutions and services across their customer's enterprise within a fast-paced, innovative and rewarding environment.
Primary responsibilities for this role:
- Create, develop and close new sales opportunities.
- Understand the business needs of assigned accounts, position SAS capabilities and grow our footprint.
- Strategic account management and development.
- Ability to work closely with internal and external senior executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience selling enterprise class software solutions.
- Understanding of enterprise hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Proven track record of exceeding quota in software sales.
- Ability to be onsite with customers two to three days per week with air travel as business needs dictate.
- Excellent rapport building skills.
- Desire to work directly with customer to solve complex business problems.
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, complex solutions that positively impact customer needs.
- Strategic mindset for territory evaluation and implementation of successful sales plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, MIS or related field.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences, Health Plans/Providers, Large Pharmaceutical industry technology, terminology, concepts and challenges.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of customer to SAS solutions.
- Experience selling software solutions to multiple divisions within healthcare accounts.
- Thorough understanding of how to position advanced analytics software solutions in order to solve business problems facing healthcare accounts.
- Experience selling competitive software products or similar analytical products.
- Primary Location: Cary, NC.
- Secondary Location: Eastern Seaboard.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn