The Energy and Manufacturing sales organization has an immediate opening for an Sr. Account Executive. The need for analytics in these rapidly growing segments is becoming greater every day. Companies are discovering the power of analytics and the need to understand their data to not only remain competitive, but to survive in the market. As an Account Executive with SAS Institute you will represent the industry leader in Analytics and challenge your customers to improve the way they do business with the Power to Know.
Your primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Selling software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; working with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Prospecting within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implementing aspects of territory and account management and development; identifying accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasting time frames to close business.
- Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed; working with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Following up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Customizing and selling solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducting significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
- Setting goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Applying knowledge of Institute marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
- Assuming responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, working with consulting staff to position service solutions and leveraging sales opportunities.
- Directing internal Institute resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. in order to reach objectives.
- Assuming a consultative role in dealing with technical issues; utilizing solutions-selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of eight years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing and energy industry
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn