We’re looking for a strong software developer to join the Text Analytics R&D group within the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Division of SAS. Our group develops state-of-the art text analytics technologies providing compact and scalable solutions to numerous problems in natural language processing, text classification, sentiment analysis, question-answering, search, information extraction and storage.
In this position, you will be designing and developing Java and web services APIs for the next generation Text Analytics solutions at SAS.
- Writing new and revised application code.
- Document API's and programming guidelines
- Performing development-level testing and writing unit tests.
- Migrate existing Text Analytics APIs to the new platform.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in commercial software development.
- Proficient in Java programming.
- Experience with Spring Boot and other pieces of the Spring Framework technology stack.
- Experience with relational database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Full Stack development and contributing at different layers of a software solution as needed.
- Building microservices.
- Utilizing Gradle, Maven, Ant, or similar build tools.
- Source code management with Git.
- Background in natural language processing and/or image/video processing.
- Experience with Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or similar IDE.
- Writing unit tests using a framework such as JUnit or TestNG.
- Background in artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning or cognitive computing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn